REMOTE SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETATION
Remote simultaneous interpretation (RSI) is simultaneous interpretation where there is no need for on-site interpreters or equipment.
KEY FACTORS IN REMOTE SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETATION
WHEN CAN IT BE USED?
RSI can be used both for big meetings, such as conferences, and for smaller ones such as panel discussions, seminars and webinars.
Although RSI has existed for some time, it has recently become widely used as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, as it is a perfect solution to enable meetings to continue to be held despite social distancing restrictions.
ADVANTAGES OF REMOTE SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETATION
- Reduced costs, since the hiring of soundproof booths and organization of flights and accommodation for interpreters is not required in this modality.
- A more environmentally friendly event, since interpreters do not have to travel to provide their services, therefore reducing carbon emissions.
What will attendees/delegates need on their end to ensure a successful remote simultaneous interpreting experience?
- A laptop or desktop computer
- A good internet connection, ideally with ethernet cable
- A headset with an integrated microphone
- A working video feed
- A quiet space to work from during the meeting
We would be happy to provide you with advice, without any obligation, on the different remote simultaneous interpretation platforms and on more detailed information regarding the technical requirements to ensure the success of your event.
PERSONALISED TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION SERVICES